3.20.2012

I had been dreaming of this...

{ no-bake very berry cheesecake }


I've found the perfect flavour and texture for no-bake cheesecake when I reached this recipe. the mixture of cream cheese and creme fraiche attains the right amount of cheese flavour and the whipped egg white makes for a deliciously light, thick yet still consistent cheese layer. my brother got this one for his birthday - he loves cheesecake. he asked me straightaway to make a second one for his party with his friends ;)



(This recipe was edited on the 11th of June, 2015. Pictures remain the same. Some text was added, yet the old text remains. Recipe has not been changed.)


I'm taking another shot on this. I dream about having a successful blog, organized, with a design made by myself, filled with nice pictures, but I never have the time and when I do I just give up trying. Either because I'm tired of this layout, either because I don't have the pics, either because it's too tiring to write in English, either because I just feel like it's not worth it. But this time I'll get it right. So I promise myself that I'll change the layout of this page and fill it with good stuff :)

At home, we've always loved oven-baked cheesecake, and we always kept one of our favorite frozen ones from the supermarket (that I have to say were actually delicious) in the freezer. One day they disappeared from the stores and I tried a few oven-baked recipes with lousy results... So I gave up trying to find the perfect cheesecake recipe and moved on.

Last year, I tried a no-bake cheesecake that one of my housemates uses to do, and it made me reevaluate my preferences on cheesecake, that had always been towards the baked ones. After experimenting a few times with her recipe, making some adjustments to suit my taste better, I ended up with a very easy and delicious dessert!

I've been making this recipe every past week since February, always by request, because it is just awesome.



cheesecake de frutos dos bosques.
para o meu irmão Guilherme.

(para uma forma de bolo de fundo amovível de 28 cm)
360g de Bolacha Maria
250g de iogurte natural

440g de queijo creme
200g de creme fraiche
100g de açúcar normal
5 folhas de gelatina
sumo de 1 limão
1 colher de sopa de água
2 claras de ovo
uma pitada de sal

380g de doce de morango e framboesa
frutos dos bosques frescos



Reduzir as bolachas a pó num robot de cozinha. Transferir para uma taça e misturar com o iogurte, utilizando as mãos, até obter uma massa moldável. Espalhar e pressionar a mistura contra o fundo da forma de bolo, formando uma camada homogénea.
Bater as claras de ovo em castelo.
Numa taça separada, bater o queijo creme e o creme fraiche com o açúcar e o sal.
Ferver o sumo de limão com a água e dissolver as folhas de gelatina nestes. Deixar arrefecer.
Misturar a gelatina na mistura de queijo. Incorporar cuidadosamente as claras.
Verter o creme dentro da forma e nivelar o topo. Colocar no frigorífico pelo menos duas horas, até estar firme.
Bater o doce. Se necessário juntar um pouco de água. Espalhar sobre o bolo.
Passar uma faca entre o bolo e a forma e abrir esta última cuidadosamente. Decorar com frutos dos bosques frescos e servir.


~

very berry cheesecake.
for my brother Guilherme.

(for a 28 cm springform)
360g Bolacha Maria biscuits, or butter biscuits
250g plain yogurt

440g cream cheese
200g crème fraiche
100g white sugar
5 gelatin leaves
juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp water
2 egg whites
a pinch of salt

380g strawberry-raspberry jam
fresh berries



Pulverize the biscuits in a blender. Pour the crumbs into a bowl and stir in the yogurt. Combine using the hands until reaching a moldable dough. Press the dough onto the bottom of a sprinform, spreading it evenly.
Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese and crème fraiche with the sugar and salt.
Bring the lemon juice and water to a boil and dissolve the gelatin leaves in it. Let cool.
Stir the gelatin into the cheese mixture. Carefully fold in the egg whites.
Pour the batter into the pan and level the top. Place in the refrigerator for at least a couple of hours, until firm.
Beat the jam. If needed, mix in a little bit of water. Spread it over the cake.
Run a knife around the sides of the cake and carefully open the springform. Decorate with fresh berries and serve.

1 comment:

  1. Optimo, adorei :)
    Fácil de fazer e maravilhoso a comer.
    Obrigada pela partilha...

    ReplyDelete